Tickets: €12,50 euros ex VAT All spots are taken!
Lunch & drinks: included
Location: Spaces Vijzelstraat, Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam
Arriving later is fine; there is no formal program, we're just going to discuss and write.
The day will be led by Estelle Weyl from Mozilla.
|Daniel Kreitschmann||ZEIT ONLINE||DE|
|Erwin Hofman||Blue 2 Blond||NL|
|Fabian Krumbholz||Netcentric Deutschland||DE|
|Hamed Jahromi||University College Dublin||IE|
|Jason Merriman||Insider Inc.||US|
|Roelf-Jan de Vries||Q42||NL|
Hack on MDN: Web Performance
At the conference we're going to spend two days learning about web performance. Get your mind in the performance zone by discussing and writing about performance with other attendees and performance experts.
In this full-day hackathon we'll be working to improve MDN Web Docs, the premier free resource for web developers. You can choose to work on adding performance documentation to MDN, work on improving the site's performance, or anything that you think makes sense.
Work with some of the conference speakers, some Mozilla staff, and get to know some other conference attendees to make
performance.now() an even better experience.
The day will include a lot of coding, chatting, food, and fun. The registration fee is to ensure we don't have people sign up and not attend, and helps offset the cost of food.
Here are some the topics that you might improve upon (or in some cases, add):
- What is web performance
- HTML performance features
- Multimedia: Images and Video
- Advanced CSS performance features
- How do users perceive performance?
- Web Performance Basics
- Mobile performance
- Populating the page: How browsers work
- Performance bottlenecks
- Understanding latency
- Understanding bandwidth
- HTTP/2 and you
- The role of TLS in performance
- Reading performance charts
- Controlling resource delivery with resource hints
- Other documentation
- The business case for performance
- Performance Budgets
- Mobile performance checklist
- Optimizing Startup Performance
- Developer Tools Performance Features
- Understanding Latency
- Web performance checklist
- App Performance
- Performance fundamentals
- Optimizing startup performance
- Profiling with the built-in profiler